Applicants MUST be age 16 or older (age 15+ for lifeguards).
Print and complete the application below, attach resume, if available, and mail (or deliver in person) to the facility that it obtains to:
- Great Neck House, 14 Arrandale Ave., Great Neck, NY 11024
- Administration Building, 5 Beach Rd., Great Neck, NY 11023
- Parkwood Recreation Office, 65 Arrandale Ave., Great Neck, NY 11024 (includes Camp Parkwood - Parks/Maintenance - Parkwood Pool - Ice Rink)
- Parkwood Tennis Center, 65 Arrandale Ave., Great Neck, NY 11024
We are mandated by state law to conduct background checks on employees, therefore, it is necessary for all applicants to provide their date of birth.
All employees are mandated to provide a valid email address on their employment applications. If hired, employees are mandated to take an online sexual harassment course.
*The Great Neck Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
We are now hiring LIFEGUARDS (MUST be *15 years of age or older) , as well as other positions, at PARKWOOD FAMILY AQUATIC CENTER, STEPPINGSTONE MARINA and CAMP PARKWOOD for summer 2023.
PARKWOOD FAMILY AQUATIC CENTER:
All lifeguard applicants, MUST be Nassau County/Red Cross certified (First Aid; CPR/AED). Positions are available at Parkwood Family Aquatic Center and Camp Parkwood. Good salary offered -2023 lifeguard minimum hourly wage range $18.00/hour commensurate with experience and certifications. Work up to 40 hours a week. Call 516-487-GNPD or email your application and resume to email@example.com - Label subject: LIFEGUARD APP.
- *If you are age 15 or older, and have above certifications, you are eligible to apply for a lifeguard position. All lifeguards will be asked to work all holidays i.e. Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day and must work at least one weekend day (Saturday or Sunday). Labor Day is on Monday, September 4. Extended bonus pay of $2/hour will take effect August 26-September 10.
- Those interested, fill out an application and return ASAP. Please note: submission of application does NOT guarantee employment with us. All applications will be reviewed and further communication regarding employment status will follow.
- CWPA (Certified Wading Pool Attendant), age 18+. MUST be Red Cross CPR/First Aid certified.
Also looking for:
- Cashiers/front gate employees, age 18+ a
- Maintenance and pool attendants, age16+.
- Launch Operator- Launch Operator license mandatory. Available both nights & weekends. Personable attitude in family-friendly atmosphere.
- Marina Service Staff- Must be available both nights & weekends to check park cards, oversee Kayak rentals (must lift kayaks), help with maintenance.
- Call (516) 418-0162 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR CAMP PARKWOOD EMPLOYMENT click HERE