All dog owners must be residents of the Great Neck Park District, must register their dog(s), and obtain an annual Pooch Pass from the Great Neck House.
Owners must sign a waiver and release form, their dogs must be licensed, and proof of vaccination for rabies and Bordetella must be submitted with applications.
Dogs must be at least 4 months of age. No commercial use of the dog park will be permitted.
Dog Park Rules
• Dogs must be leashed prior to entering and upon leaving the dog park.
• Be sure that gates are always closed and locked.
• Unsupervised children under 12 years of age are not permitted in the dog run.
• The dog park is open daily from 9 a.m. to sunset.
• No smoking or eating in the dog park.
• There is a limit of 2 dogs per person per visit.
• Dogs shall not be left unattended and shall not be out of sight range.
• Dogs must be under voice command.
• There are areas designated for small and large dogs. Any dog more than 30 pounds shall be deemed to be a large dog.
• Dogs that exhibit aggressive behavior must be removed from the park immediately.
• Dogs that exhibit incessant barking must be removed from the park immediately.
• Dogs in heat are not permitted.
• Dogs, owners, and users creating disturbances or violating posted rules must leave the dog park.
• Owners must always clean up after their dog(s).
• Owners must fill any holes created by their dog(s).