• Camp starts Monday, June 28, and ends Friday, August 20. • Dropoff is 8:30-50. Pickup is 4:00-30. • Groups will be capped according to NYS and Nassau County BOH guidelines. These guidelines have been changing throughout the spring. • We are using two locations to improve social distancing: Steppingstone (Pre-K thru 1st) & Allenwood (2nd thru Tweens). • Groups will stay within smaller cohorts and will have as little contact with other groups as possible. • Visitors and Tours: For the safety of our staff and campers, no visitors or tours will be allowed on campgrounds during the summer. • Fewer activity periods with more time in between to allow staff and campers to sanitize.
WHAT TO WEAR & BRING
• Campers are required to wear their Camp Parkwood t-shirts, along with comfortable shorts and sneakers. Camper shirts will be distributed during the week of orientation, June 14. • We encourage wearing a bathing suit to camp in order to limit the need for changing before a morning swim. • Bring a backpack filled with: a bathing suit, a ziplock bag for wet clothes, a change of clothes, suntan lotion, a mask, and a tennis racket (based on your group’s schedule). •ALL swimsuits and towels must be taken home every day to be laundered. • We will be providing one towel for morning swim instruction. Please bring a towel every day for afternoon water activities.
• LABEL ALL of your child’s clothing, backpack, and other items.
• Outside food service will be provided for an additional fee. Campers are always welcomed to bring their own lunch. Lunch registration will be made available online in late May. • Limited busing during camp. Busing will be used to transport campers to and from the Parkwood Pool Complex, as well as limited trips to sailing for older campers.
• Campers and Staff will wear masks as per CDC guidelines. Activities will be mostly outside and implement social distancing to limit the need for masks. All indoor activities will require mask-wearing. • Offsite Trips: All trips offsite are canceled for Summer 2021. Updates may follow based on changing guidelines from NYS and the Nassau County BOH.