"Lights and Ice" at The Village Green
Join us as we present "Lights and Ice" at the Village Green. Be a part of the excitement as our Village Green is transformed into a winter wonderland. Enjoy our outdoor skating rink, under the display of beautiful lights throughout the park, during the holiday season.
"Lights and Ice" features one month of captivating festivities from December 8 through January 12. The event includes ice skating, tree lighting, winter igloos, fire pits, live music, private parties, nightlife, food/beverages, special events and more. Whether you are looking for a picturesque night out or a fun-filled family activity, "Lights and Ice" will not disappoint.
GRAND OPENING of "LIGHTS AND ICE":
Sunday, December 8, 3 - 7 p.m.
- The GRAND OPENING includes our NEW outdoor ice rink, public skating, live music, inflatable rides, fire-pits, craft-making, food & beverages and more. Our tree lighting begins at 5:30 p.m. Watch as we illuminate the entire park.
- DR. PAM LEVY AND HER GREAT NECK NORTH ALL-STARS: 4 - 4:30 p.m. Dr. Levy, GNNHS Dept. Head of Fine & Performing Arts/Director of Vocal Music, accompanies her talented students as they perform.
- VISIT FROM SANTA: 4:15 - 5:15 p.m.
- ON-ICE PERFORMANCES: 4:45 - 5 p.m. Solo performances by Ilana Sherman, Kaitlin Krafchik, Sue Zhang and Francesca Cilluffo followed by a special group number by our two Galaxies Synchronized Skating teams.
- TREE LIGHTING CEREMONY: 5:30 p.m.
- INFLATABLES & CRAFTS: 3 - 7 p.m. FREE! Enjoy inflatable rides and holiday craft-making.
*HOLIDAY CRAFT-MAKING: Saturday, December 14, 12 noon - 1:30 p.m.
- Personalize your very own holiday crafts with us. Choose from holiday wreaths, ornaments, dreidels and more, to bring home for the holidays. *Event subject to change.
*WINTER WONDERLAND: Sunday, December 15, 12:15 - 1 p.m.
- Enjoy performances from our "homegrown" skaters, as well as Skate School's up and coming performers. A public session will follow with your favorite characters! Join Disney's Elsa, Belle, Snow White and more, on the ice for a public session following the showcase. *Admissions fees apply for session.
S'MORES GALORE: Saturday, December 21, 4 - 6 p.m.
- Purchase your S'mores kit, roast marshmallows and keep warm by the fire, all while enjoying the winter bliss at our Village Green.
SPECIAL ON-ICE PERFORMANCE BY JIMMY MA: Saturday, December 28 , (stay tuned for time of show)
- Do not miss out on a special performance by International figure skater and Great Neck's own, Jimmy Ma.
TRY-HOCKEY-FOR-FREE DAY: Saturday, January 11, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Children (ages 5-12) are encouraged to join us on the ice as we partner with the New York Rangers for our very first outdoor "Try-Hockey-for-Free" event. Be sure to register online today to secure your spot.
SKATE SCHOOL SHOWCASE: Sunday, January 12, 12 noon - 1:30 p.m.
- Come out to cheer on and support our up & coming Skate School talent as they perform during our "Lights and Ice" Showcase in celebration of National Skate Month!
Friday - Sunday & Holiday Week
Warm up at your own personal fire pit. Enjoy a day of ice skating plus other special events and come back to your fire pit for warmth. Make sure to purchase your own S'mores kit. Do not forget to check our "Special Events" tab to see what's we have planned for you at "Lights & Ice."
Peak - $35
*Holiday Pop-up Shops at the Village Green:
December 15: 12 noon - 4 p.m.
December 19: 7 - 10 p.m.
You are going to LOVE our special holiday pop-up shops at the Village Green.
It's a perfect time to find the gifts you need for the holidays with selections of jewelry, baby apparel, workout clothes and so much more.
Stay tuned for updates and more details as the events approach.