Swim Camp at Parkwood Family Aquatic Center
*7/27 - 8/14 (3 weeks)
*Due to popular demand 4th week just added: Monday, August 17- Friday, August 21
9 a.m. -12:30 p.m.
Typical day includes:
- One (1) hour free swim, one (1) hour water activity (Nemo’s island, diving board, slide, lazy river) plus a 45-minute lesson with URSwim certified instructors.
- 8:50 a.m.: Drop-off at the Parkwood Family Aquatic Center’s lower parking lot. Pick-up at 12:30 p.m.
- All campers arrive wearing bathing attire.
- Children are grouped by age and swim level.
• Maximum of 10 campers per group - there is very little contact with other groups.
• Bring a backpack with a snack, a ziploc bag for wet bathing attire, a change of clothes, suntan lotion and a mask. Any swimsuits and towels must be taken home every day to be laundered. All items must be labeled with the camper’s name.
• Between activity periods, bathroom breaks are taken to allow staff and campers to sanitize.
- Campers are greeted each morning by a staff member who will ask the parent/guardian if the child has had a cough, fever or shortness of breath in the last 72 hours. If the answer is yes, the camper will NOT be allowed to attend camp until they have been symptom free for at least 72 hours without the use of fever reducing medication.
- The staff member takes each child’s temperature when they arrive. If a temporal scan indicates the camper’s temperature is above 100.0 F, parent/guardian will be asked to pull the vehicle out of the check-in carpool line and given the option for staff to provide secondary standard thermometer temperature reading. If parent/guardian does not elect a second reading, or if the second reading registers over 100.0 F, the camper will NOT be allowed to attend Swim Camp until they have been symptom-free for at least 72 hours without the use of fever reducing medication.
- If a child with indicated temperature over 100.0 F has siblings enrolled in camp, then siblings will also not be permitted to attend for indicated time parameters listed above.
- While checking camper temperatures, staff will be required to wear the following PPE: face mask, gown and gloves to be changed upon contact with any individual.
- NOTE: Parents must wear masks at drop-off and pick-up. Parents may not exit the vehicle. No exceptions.
- Campers are not required to wear masks, unless in situations that require it per CDC guidelines.
AS PER THE CDC:
- Swimmers should NOT wear any face masks/coverings while in the pool.
- Camp groups will receive distance swim instruction to a minimum of 6 feet or more apart in the pool.
- Maintain the same instructor(s) for camp groups, as possible.
- URSwim will have a dedicated supervisor as COVID-19 liaison who will be responsible for staying up to date on community and state recommendations and any associated changes.